CURVY is thrilled to announce our partnership with Xero across our community and the CURVY Creative Women’s Conference as part of Vivid Ideas Sydney 2018.
From reclaiming your time, to reconciling on the run, Xero is a global small business platform that helps you manage your accounting while allowing you to do business, beautifully.
Each year as part of Vivid Ideas, CURVY assembles tenacious, boundary-breaking women who are leading the world’s most progressive industries. These future-focused women set the agenda and influence those around them to follow in their footsteps. A focus for 2018 is to help women in creative industries make the right moves to achieve the best financial outcomes for their businesses and personal lives.
As part of our partnership, Xero will present ‘Future Finance’ a line-up of leading women on stage that will provide invaluable advice on how to maximise the commercial aspects of your creative career. Our panel will also be joined by Simone Macks, Senior Account Manager from Xero Australia.
Previously a practicing accountant, Simone brings over a decade of experience working with hundreds of small businesses to manage their finances. Currently running two ‘side hustle’ businesses herself and being a mum, she understands firsthand the challenges of owning a business and juggling competing priorities.
Simone is passionate about empowering entrepreneurs with the right information to make wise decisions that help their business thrive.
Thanks to Xero, the CURVY website will also introduce a ‘Future Finance’ section dedicated to sharing information, regular interviews and insights that will help you take your finances to the next level. Tune in to keep up to date with the partnership as well as opportunities for creative women like you to learn about and grow your finances.
Bring it on!
WIN VIP TICKETS
Want to be our special guest this year at CURVY and see the Future Finance panel in person? Thanks to @xero, we are offering 2x VIP double passes to CURVY, including premium seating up front, special gift bags and drinks – and the opportunity to meet the guest speakers on the day. It will be beautiful.
For your chance to win one of two VIP double passes, tell us in 25 words or less what you hope to experience together with a friend at CURVY this year as part of Vivid Ideas Sydney.
Email your entry to email@example.com
Special thanks to @xero #dobeautifulbusiness.
Our standard competition terms and conditions are below.
CURVY VIP Double Pass Competition – Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Robert Bergin, ABN 25 884 112 891, 11 Trappers Way Avalon NSW 2107, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia. Employees and their immediate families of the promoter and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
5. How to enter:
Option One: Via email – send your entry to email@example.com
Option Two: Via the CURVY Instagram: Head to @curvycreative, find the competiti0ns post and then use the Instagram comments field to tag the friend of your choice that you would like to take with you to the CURVY event. Describe via comment what you would like to experience at the CURVY event.
6. Only entries submitted via the Instagram application or email will be accepted.
7. Judging will take place on Monday 4 June 2018 at 3pm (AEST).
9. The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winner, according to the following criteria:
9.1 The relevance of the entry to the theme in question, as decided by our judge.
9.2 Artistic interpretation of the theme, as decided by our judge.
9.3 Originality of the entry. Entries that are deemed to not belong to or be taken by the user will not be eligible.
10. Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
11. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or promoter. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
14.2 By entering the competition you agree that you hereby accept the terms and conditions.
15.2 By entering the competition, you give the Promoter permission to contact you via Instagram if you are a winner of the competition for the purpose of distributing your prize to you.
16. The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
17. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
18. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winners via their Instagram account within 24 hours of the prize selection. In the event that the winner/s cannot be contacted within that period, an alternate winner/s will be selected and the original winner/s will forfeit any prize.
19. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
20. The promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
21. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under state regulation.
22. Prizes are as follows:
VIP Double pass to the 2018 CURVY Creative Women’s Conference and Future Forward at the MCA:
The value of each double pass is $320.
23. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
24. Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of the Instagram terms and conditions, found at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/